Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's the hardest part about losing weight?

"Ugh, I give up! I've been exercising and trying to eat right for the longest time now and nothing seems to work!"


The above quote is a common expression shared by many who attempt to lose weight, but don't succeed.


So, what is the hardest part about losing weight? Eating.


Let me put it this way, if you exercise for hours, but eat lots of high calorie and high fat foods that are processed, you're wasting your time.


When losing weight remember to not follow this mentality: "oh, I just worked out like crazy! let me eat whatever I want as a reward!" 


That will get you very little results. Case in point, I had the above mentality for many months before I changed my diet and experienced very little weight loss.


Rather, eat in moderation and watch your consumption of fats (as written in my previous post.)


But here's the kicker: cut out junk food, fast food, and processed foods. This includes; packaged cookies, packaged desserts, chips, etc. (More can be found at: http://nutrition.about.com/od/askyournutritionist/f/processedfoods.htm)


The following site provides a good list of unprocessed foods: http://www.weightlossforall.com/foods-healthy-list.htm


Processed food is the main reason why individuals fail to lose weight and also incur a list of health problems. (http://www.puristat.com/standardamericandiet/processedfoods.aspx)


So if you never want to exercise, but still lose weight, it's possible. Just eat less calories than is recommended for you and eat unprocessed, wholesome foods.


Of course, physical activity is highly recommended (if not mandatory) to a healthy, active, lifestyle.


Thanks for reading and happy eating! :-)


- Asif

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I like how you included links. Sometimes it's so difficult to tell what is processed and what isn't. Companies like to market their processed crap as "health food" and slap labels like "organic" and "all natural" on the package. Ugh. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Brittany! glad you liked it! :-) and I agree with your comment on labeling!

    ReplyDelete